Opencell’s core Community Edition is licensed under an AGPL v3 license, a variant of GPL that is adapted to web applications.
In plain language, here are the essential things you need to know about the AGPL v3 license.
- use the software for commercial use within your company
- modify the source code
- distribute modified or original copy of the work
- place a warranty on the software that you license
- sublicense the software without our consent
- hold us liable for damages of any sort
- retain our copyright in all circumstances
- include the full text of our license in any distribution
- state any changes you make to our software
- disclose source code when you distribute, publish or serve (i.e. through a web portal) a modified or derivative version of our software
- include build and install instructions permitting a third-party to install your modified or derivative version of our software
Download & install
The easiest way to install and try the Opencell’s core Community Edition is to use one of our Docker images that are accessible here.
The community edition sources are also available at the following URL.
To download the sources, you should go to a dedicated folder and run the following command:
git clone https://git.assembla.com/meveo.git
To compile the sources, you should run this command:
cd meveomvn clean install
The Opencell war file will be generated in meveo/opencell-admin/web/target/opencell.war
If you are interested in finding out more about Opencell’s enhanced Enterprise Edition, please consult this page and get in touch with our sales team at email@example.com.