Opencell’s core Community Edition is licensed under an AGPL v3 license, a variant of GPL that is adapted to web applications.
In plain language, here are the essential things you need to know about the AGPL v3 license.
- use the software for commercial use within your company
- modify the source code
- distribute modified or original copy of the work
- place a warranty on the software that you license
- sublicense the software without our consent
- hold us liable for damages of any sort
- retain our copyright in all circumstances
- include the full text of our license in any distribution
- state any changes you make to our software
- disclose source code when you distribute, publish or serve (i.e. through a web portal) a modified or derivative version of our software
- include build and install instructions permitting a third-party to install your modified or derivative version of our software
The easiest way to install and try the Opencell’s core Community Edition is to use one of our Docker images that are accessible here.
If you need more support and are interested in finding out more about Opencell’s enhanced Enterprise Edition, please check this page out and/or get in touch with our sales team at sales[at]opencellsoft.com.